WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Directly with us
From e-mail tracking
Where you give your permission to other organisations
We may collect information from Companies House, Charity Commission and information published in articles, newspapers or blogs.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH IT?
Processing of requests/calls to action
- Keep you up to date on news and stories about our work;
- Provide our services;
- Keep records of your relationship with us e.g. questions you have asked or complaints you have made;
- Analyse the personal information we collect about you and use publicly available information to inform our sales and marketing activities. For example, improve our understanding of our clients, profile contacts into categories and to help provide the right information at the right time to the right contacts.
Basis of processing your data
- Consent: If you are a new contact coming on board for the first time, on or after 20th December 2010, we will process your personal data on the basis of the consent you provided us with. You are free to change your preferences at any time by contacting us by telephone, post or e-mail as shown in the section ‘Your choices and telling us when things change’ below.
- Legitimate interest: Contacting you; If you are an existing contact as at 20th December 2010 we may continue to contact you by e-mail where you have previously given us your consent. We may also contact you by post or telephone where we have a legitimate interest to do so. For example, where you have previously made an enquiry to Blue Forest we may continue to send you information about our work. Where you have previously asked us not to contact you in this way we will continue to respect your contact preferences. You can change your preferences at any time or object to us processing your data by contacting us by telephone, post or e-mail as shown in the section ‘Your choices and telling us when things change’ below.
- Legitimate interest: Contacting the right contacts at the right time; When you express an interest in our work, or show a potential to purchase our services, we will rely on our legitimate interest in order to collect additional information as noted above in ‘Processing of requests/calls to action’. This helps us to identify those contacts who would benefit from an initial discussion with an account manager and to ensure we are able to provide a high level of customer service.
HOW AND WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your personal information only for as long as we consider it necessary to carry out each activity. We have a data retention policy to implement this. We take account of legal obligations and accounting and tax considerations as well as considering what would be reasonable for the activity concerned. For example, we will retain details of customers for a minimum of 7 years from the completion of their purchase, as required by UK tax law.
We ensure that we have in place appropriate technical controls to protect any personal data you provide. For example, we ensure that any online forms are encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored. We ensure that access to personal data is restricted only to those staff members whose job roles require such access and that suitable training is provided for these staff members.
We may make use from time to time of external companies to collect or process personal data on our behalf. When we do so, we carry out checks on these companies, put in place contracts to make sure our requirements are clear, and carry out periodic reviews. When we do use external companies, we remain responsible for the storing and processing of your personal data.However, we need to remind you that despite all our efforts, the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and that you submit data at your own risk.
- customise the content on our website and to help to understand visitor’s current and future needs
- process any requests or enquiries you may make
- aid administration and analysis
Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. To do this you can look at the help function on your browser.
Third party cookies
Blue Forest (UK) Ltd works with a number of third party suppliers who set cookies on our website to enable them to provide us with services. These are mainly used for reporting and advertising purposes so we can improve the way we communicate.
We use websites such as YouTube to embed videos and you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so we suggest you check the third-party website for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
As some of these services may be based outside of the UK and the European Union, they may not fall under the jurisdiction of UK courts. If you are concerned about this, you can change your cookie settings (see above) and can find more information about this here.
YOUR CHOICES AND TELLING US WHEN THINGS CHANGE
You can change your preferences on what you receive from us, including marketing and fundraising materials, or how we contact you, by mail, phone or email, at any time.
Updating your details
We do appreciate it if you keep your details up to date. You can do so in the same way as updating your preferences (above).
We may use Post Office address search, postcode lists or other available sources to confirm data that you provide us with, where, for example, we are unsure of what you have completed on a form.
We will not use these sources to create data that you have chosen not to provide, for example, if you have left a telephone number blank; nor will we automatically update changes of address, we will normally only update your address when you tell us it’s changed.
Telling us to stop processing
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data, to ask us to restrict our processing or to object to our processing of your personal data. You can do so at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
Your rights under DPA 1998
You have the right to request details of the information we hold about you. To receive a copy of the personal information we hold please write to our Data Protection Officer at the address given below. We will respond within 14 days of receiving your letter.
For more information about your rights under the Data Protection Act you can visit the website of the Information Commissioner’s Office.
CHANGES TO BLUE FOREST (UK) PRIVACY & SECURITY POLICY
Changes to this Policy
This policy was last updated in October 2020. We may amend this policy from time to time to take account of changes to our processes or changes to data protection or other legislation. If we make any significant changes to this policy, we will show this clearly on our website or by writing to you directly. By continuing to use our website you will be deemed to have accepted these changes.
Contact & Feedback
We welcome feedback or questions on this policy or on any of our actions by:
Calling us on: 01892 750090
Email us on: email@example.com
Write to us at:
Data Protection Officer
Blue Forest (UK) Ltd